Reach Out Climb (ROC) is an annual non-sanctioned climbing competition hosted in partnership by JMU Club Climbing and UREC Adventure at UREC’s Adventure Center. All levels of climbers are encouraged to participate- this event is a great opportunity to have fun, challenge yourself, and meet other climbers at JMU! ROC will be happening over the course of the weekend February 19-21, with five time slots to choose from.
There will be some awesome prizes for the top 3 winners of each category: Men’s Recreation, Men’s Intermediate, Men’s Advance, Women’s Recreation, Women’s Intermediate, and Women’s Advance.
- Prizes include crash pads, hang boards, liquid chalk, brushes, and more!
- Any unclaimed prizes will be put into a raffle that everyone (except other prize winners) will be entered into
- 60 competitors total, divided into five Time Slots that have a max capacity of 12 people
- Competitors will be able to sign up for the time slot that works best for them as long as capacity has not been met
|When||Friday Feb. 19||Saturday Feb. 20||Sunday Feb. 21|
|9-11am||—||Time Slot #2||Time Slot #4|
|7-9pm||Time Slot #1||Time Slot #3||—|
|9-11pm||—||—||Time Slot #5|
- Unfortunately due to UREC’s COVID-19 regulations, visitors are not allowed in UREC, meaning only current JMU students and staff can partake in ROC this year. We do hope things will be different in the future.
- Reach Out Climb this year will be a bouldering competition
- There is a competition fee of $25
- Last day to register will be February 18th
- First 30 people to sign up before Feb. 11th with receive a ROC long sleeve tee
- Participant’s final scores will be a composite of their top 5 boulders.
- Total Scores and winners will be announced after the fifth time slot is complete.
Your registration will be complete once the form above and payment have been submitted. You will receive a confirmation email with the details about your time slot and a document of ROC Rules and Regulations within 24-48 hours after your submission. If you do not receive an email within that time please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions? Contact Us!