Reach Out Climb is an annual non-sanctioned climbing competition hosted in partnership by the JMU Climbing Club and UREC Adventure at UREC’s Adventure Center.
The day is filled with food, music, raffles, vendors, and a composite top rope and bouldering competition set by some of JMU’s best climbers and special guest setters! This event is a unique opportunity to have fun, challenge yourself, and meet other climbers from around the mid-Atlantic.
View photos from our 2019 event here!
When: Saturday, February 15, 2020. Competition will run from 8:30am to approximately 6:00pm. Details on timing of specific heats will be provided closer to the day of the competition.
- From South: Head North on I-81. Take Exit 245. Turn Left onto Port Republic Rd. Turn Right (First road) onto Bluestone Dr. Parking will be on your Right. Once you’ve parked, head down to the end of Parking Lot P to the end of Parking Lot C9 and go through Duke Dog Alley, which runs under I-81. UREC will be just on the other side, up the hill on the left.
- From North: Head South on I-81. Take Exit 245. Turn Right onto Port Republic Rd. Turn Right almost immediately onto Bluestone Dr. Parking will be on your Right. Once you’ve parked, head down Parking Lot C9 and go through Duke Dog Alley, which runs under I-81. UREC will be just on the other side, up the hill on the left.
- Recreation – 5.6-5.8; V0-V2
- Intermediate – 5.9-5.10; V3-V5
- Advanced – 5.11-5.13; V6-V8
Cost (includes registration, lunch, and competition t-shirt to first 40 registered climbers):
- Open Registration $30, January 1st through February 14th
- Please note that registration will be capped at 80 competitors.
Registration is now closed. We’re at capacity!
Special thanks to our 2020 Event Sponsor(s): Soon to be announced!
Questions? Contact us!