The JMU Climbing Club is proud to be sponsoring the 2019 Reach Out Climb!
Join us for our annual non-sanctioned climbing competition held at the JMU Recreation Climbing Wall. The day is filled with food, music, raffles, vendors, and a composite top rope and bouldering competition set by some of JMU’s best climbers and special guest setters! This event is a unique opportunity to have fun, challenge yourself, and meet other climbers from around the mid-Atlantic. Please note, registration will be capped at 80 participants.
When: Saturday, February 9th, 2019. Competition will run from 8:30am to approximately 6:00pm. Details on timing of specific heats will be provided closer to the day of the competition.
Where: James Madison University Recreation Center. Parking will be available in in Lot P, G, or Convo F.
- From South: Head North on I-81. Take Exit 245. Turn Left onto Port Republic Rd. Turn Right (First road) onto Bluestone Dr. Parking will be on your Right. Once you’ve parked, head down to the end of Parking Lot P to the end of Parking Lot C9 and go through Duke Dog Alley, which runs under I-81. UREC will be just on the other side, up the hill on the left.
- From North: Head South on I-81. Take Exit 245. Turn Right onto Port Republic Rd. Turn Right almost immediately onto Bluestone Dr. Parking will be on your Right. Once you’ve parked, head down Parking Lot C9 and go through Duke Dog Alley, which runs under I-81. UREC will be just on the other side, up the hill on the left.
Cost (includes registration, lunch, and competition t-shirt to first 50 registered climbers):
- Early Bird Special $26, December 7th through December 31st
- Open Registration $36, January 1st through February 8th
- Day of Registration $40, February 9th
Please note that registration will be capped at 80 competitors.
Questions? Contact the Assistant Director for Adventure and TEAM Programs.